Criminal record disclosure checks to aid member clubs’ and accredited coaches’ recruitment decisions. Available for all areas of the UK.
In order to better help clubs develop their services for vulnerable adults and young people, British Dodgeball can apply for DBS checks on behalf of our member dodgeball clubs and accredited coaches. Please do not purchase this product unless you are a member of one of the groups listed above.
Once you purchase this product, you will receive an email outlining what you need to do to apply for the DBS check and how to arrange identity checks with British Dodgeball.
Please do not apply unless you can prove your identity – you must be able to show us:
- One document from Group 1, below
- 2 further documents from either Group 1, or Group 2a or 2b, below
At least one of the documents must show your current address. If you aren’t a national of the UK or the EEA and are applying for voluntary work, you may need to be fingerprinted if you can’t show these documents.
• Current valid Passport
• Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
• Current Photocard Driving Licence (UK, EEA, Isle of Man / Channel Islands) (Full or Provisional)
• Birth Certificate (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) – issued at the time of birth;
• Including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
• Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
• Current Driving licence (Full or Provisional) – Paper version (If issued before 1998)(UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and EEA)
• Current Photocard Driving Licence (All countries outside the EEA – excluding Isle of Man and Channel Islands) (Full or Provisional)
• Birth Certificate (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) – (issued after the time of birth)
• Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
• Immigration Document, Visa or Work Permit. (Issued by a country outside the EEA. Valid only for roles where the applicant is living and working outside of the UK. Visa/Permit must relate to the non-EEA country in which the role is based)
• HM Forces ID Card (UK)
• Firearms Licence (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
• Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA) (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted)
• Bank/Building Society Statement (UK, Channel Islands or EEA)
• Bank/Building Society Statement (Countries outside the EEA) (Issued in last 3 months – branch must be in the country where the applicant lives and works)
• Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)
• Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted)
• Financial Statement (UK) – e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
• P45/P60 Statement (UK & Channel Islands)
• Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands)
• Utility Bill (UK) – (Not mobile telephone bill)
• Benefit Statement (UK)* – e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
• A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
• EEA National ID Card
• Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
• Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16-19 year olds in full time education in the UK (only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted))
• Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider – NON-UK/NON-EEA Only. Valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at the time of application.
• Irish Passport Card. Cannot be used with an Irish Passport
Please note that these British Dodgeball will be listed as your organisation for this check, and not your club/business name. They are therefore primarily for use within the community sports sector for our member club’s voluntary coaches; they might not be accepted for use in schools.
We do not guarantee a clear result from any check. If you are unable to produce the necessary ID documents or make an application in error, we will be able to refund your purchase cost minus an administration fee unless the check has already been sent to the relevant body, in which case we will not be able to refund your purchase.
England & Wales: You will receive your DBS certificate in the post at your registered address once the check is complete.
Scotland: You will receive your PVG Scheme Record certificate in the post at your registered address once the check is complete. British Dodgeball will receive a copy to inform your club of any disclosures before destroying the copy. You will be enrolled into the PVG scheme.
Northern Ireland: Only you will receive a copy of the disclosure certificate unless you gave AccessNI permission to send it to your employer. For online disclosure applications submitted through registered or responsible bodies, AccessNI will update the case tracking service that you and your employer can see.
England/Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland