As part of our Return to Play we have produced the following guidance to assist those delivering dodgeball in schools: RETURN TO PLAY SCHOOL GUIDANCE
Recent data from British Dodgeball, the Youth Sport Trust, Sport Wales and Ofsted shows that dodgeball is one of the most in demand sports in schools. Ofsted’s recent report into obesity, healthy eating and physical activity has shown that 33% of primary school children want to do more dodgeball. This is higher than any other sport, football coming in second with 30%.
Dodgeball is a cost-effective sport with high levels of physical activity. At British Dodgeball we want to support more teachers, coaches, children and leaders to be able to deliver and play dodgeball correctly within their schools by using the right equipment, and following the growing pathways that we, alongside our members and partners are putting in place for the long term sustainability of the sport.
Dodgeball is one of the most popular sports to play at school and at British Dodgeball we are continually aiming to create new opportunities. We want you and your school to be a part of it, Come Join In!
Are you from a school that is new to dodgeball?
- Read why dodgeball is a great sport to integrate into you school’s activity menu and PE curriculum on PE Dodgeball article
- Sign up for School Membership and get discounts on everything you need to play
- Buy your Equipment from our shop
- Learn from our Quick Start Rules
- Get our Primary Dodgeball Lesson Plans
- Run a Staff CPD workshop
- Run a Young Leaders Course for your sports leaders
- Order a Dodgeball Taster Day
- Access our Free Resource Cards
- Enter a team into a the Primary School Championships
- Enter a team into the Year 9 Championships
- Organise your own School Dodgeball Day
- Get a Level 2 Coaching Qualification